To ensure a successful integration, we recommend you avoid only using your app account for testing. Using APIs to create merchants and their accounts, and charging to these accounts, will lead to a solid understanding of access tokens, app and WePay fees, and both your and your merchants' account transactions.
IPNs are a considered a key component of a successful integration. We strongly recommend making use of the callback_uri on every appropriate API call. You can learn more in the IPN reference document.
Account Names and Soft Descriptors
When a charge appears on the cardholder's statement, it will be in the form WPY*
Throttle Limits / Batching requests
In an effort to protect all our partners from poor performance, our system uses API throttling. Even the largest of partners rarely need their limits modified, but we do realize, under rare circumstances, exceptions must be made. If you feel you need a higher limit after testing reasonable use cases and implementing batch requests, we're happy to evaluate your specific situation. You can read more about this in the throttling and batch calls reference pages.
- Review any necessary PCI Compliance requirements
- Create app account in production. Make sure all settings from your stage app account (zip only, tokenization, colors, image) are migrated to your production app account. Add your KYC and Bank Account information.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and send us your stage and production app ids (client ids) so we can migrate any administrative settings from stage to production.
- Perform a final check on your app fee settings
- Perform a final check on your scope settings (Oauth2 or /user/register)
- Switch endpoints from stage to production